The front of our battle for democracy is indeed lowering. And in it lies a propitious moment for Ignatieff. He has wanted to prove himself worthy of the Prime Ministership of this great country since he came back in 2005. Here is his chance. Lead the resistance to this travesty. Convince the NDP and Bloc that they must work with him to prevent this. Does he have enough of the royal jelly necessary for the job?
- Now's the day, and now's the hour;
- See the front o' battle lower;
- See approach proud Edward's power--
- Chains and slaverie
There are obviously risks involved. If he fails he had best return to Harvard. If he doesn't want to take the risk, then he must step aside for someone who will.
- Wha will be a traitor knave?
- Wha can fill a coward's grave?
- Wha sae base as be a slave?
- Let him turn and flee!
Full poem here.
- By Oppression's woes and pains!
- By your sons in servile chains!
- We will drain our dearest veins,
- But they shall be free!
- Lay the proud usurpers low!
- Tyrants fall in every foe!
- Liberty's in every blow!
- Let us do or die!
Recommend this Post