Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Living up to my commitment to Mr. Dion

Now that my wishful thinking post is out of the way, it is time to come to terms with the facts as they are.

I have stated previously that I will back him regardless of his decision. He has stepped down and initiated a process to look for a new leader. Despite my disappointment with the outcome and a concomitant disenchantment with the Liberal Party, I will do my best to honour my commitment.

This is how I intend to do this:
  1. Contribute to his efforts to pay off his leadership debts and encourage others to do the same.
  2. Weigh any requests for funds from the party based on the ongoing respect he is paid as leader.
  3. Show support for his loyal opposition to the bad bills that are certain to be coming while he remains leader.
  4. Constructively comment on the various candidates campaigns.
  5. Give the new leader a chance to show he/she is a worthy successor. If he is then I will support the winner. If it is just a figurehead for the anonymous Liberal crowd and shuts off the grass roots I will stop there.
He has served with honour, integrity and a love for Canada that deserves no less a repayment.Recommend this Post

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you are...?

Anonymous said...

Is this your cryptic way of saying you will not support Mr. Ignatieff?