Sunday, December 7, 2008

Deep thought for a snowy (yeah!) Sunday

After I read these quotes I realized that Canada is a lot like quantum mechanics. Say them out loud but substitute Canada for the references to quantum mechanics.
  • Quantum mechanics is magic. Daniel Greenberger.
  • Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real. Niels Bohr.
  • Those who are not shocked when they first come across quantum theory cannot possibly have understood it. Niels Bohr.
  • If you are not completely confused by quantum mechanics, you do not understand it. John Wheeler.
  • It is safe to say that nobody understands quantum mechanics. Richard Feynman.
  • If [quantum theory] is correct, it signifies the end of physics as a science. Albert Einstein.
  • I do not like [quantum mechanics], and I am sorry I ever had anything to do with it. Erwin Schrödinger.
  • Quantum mechanics makes absolutely no sense. Roger Penrose
Recommend this Post

No comments: