Monday, November 3, 2014

Everyone began to call family, letting them know they were okay

It must have been very scary in the Conservative caucus room.  Not the usual "Man oh man, is Harper ever cuckoo" kind of scary.  The "Is the crazy (not a terrorist) guy going to gun me down"  kind.

These poor people were traumitized:
“Some of the MPs are still agitated and excitable when they hear a sharp noise from hydraulics or a loud bang from tables dropping,” offered Mr. Clarke. “Over time, that can be diminished or can be heightened—anything can trigger it. But it’s okay to have those fears.”Initially reluctant to talk about it, he now openly discusses his PTSD.“From a first-responder standpoint, when you experience a traumatic situation you have to go to work the next day, but there’s no harm in telling people you need help in order to get functional. That stigma of shame has to be broken,” Mr. Clarke explained.
There were some definite examples of bravery, specifically by David Wilks:
“I got up and immediately went to the east door, locked it and then myself and a few colleagues put chairs up against it. The reason was not to stop anyone from coming in, because I knew the doors pulled out as opposed to pushed in. But I knew it would buy us 10 or 15 seconds to do what we needed to do,” said Mr. Wilks, who retired from the RCMP in 2000 and arrived in Parliament 11 years later.
“For me, I would have wanted for somebody to open that door and I would have been on him like butter on bread,” he said.
“The way I saw it, until someone tells me differently, there were bad guys on the other side of the door,” said Mr. Wilks.
Very scary stuff indeed.  I wonder if during those 15-20 seconds, there was some second thoughts on their voting to repeal the long gun registry.
Oh wait.  A key requirement of being a Harper-bot is a lack of introspection and ability to think for one's self.  It is very unlikely to have crossed their synapse at all.



Recommend this Post

No comments: