So I don't think I was that far off.
This then is my third act prediction:
- As an attempt to box Ignatieff in, the budget will contain:
- Half hearted stimulus tied to the odious P3 abominations as a way to guarantee the minimum possible work gets done,
- Unacceptably large tax cuts to provoke Ignatieff,
- Elimination of the political party subsidy to frame the debate should an election ensue.
I am probably wrong but that is my call.
- Harper's fatal flaw will prevent him from changing EI to help the unemployed it is on this issue that Harper will fall.
No P3s but the stimulus is tied to a co-funding formula that will likely limit the stimulus created. Neo-Con checklist: Check
Tax cuts of up to $20B over 3 years.
Crossing Iggy's line in the sand: Check.
Poison Pill from the Fiscal Update: I picked the wrong one. This is a bit puzzling since it is harder to campaign on than the party funding one.
No changes to EI
Neo-Con checklist: Check.
He is daring the Liberals to take him down again. Give him what he wants. Scene II is in for a quick re-write. Full dress rehersal is on tomorrow.
*I know Le Morte d'Arthur isn't a Greek tragedy but it doesn't cost you anything to read this so no harm done..
P.S.: Forgive me MalloryRecommend this Post