Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Just take the phone lines away from the Harperians

While I was at home, preparing for Burns Night, I received an interesting couple of phone calls last week that I would like to relate.

Call number 1 was from a woman claiming to be calling on behalf of the Calgary Centre Conservative Association.  I told her there was no way the Conservative Party would ever see a penny from me.  I also pointed out that unless they were incredibly incompetent, the people who gave her the calling list should know that I reside deep in the heart of Calgary Southwest.   I told her that I wanted no part in whatever pushy poll type call process they were engaged in and hung up.

I soon after received call number 2 from a chap claiming to be calling on behalf of the Liberal Part of Canada and asking about my membership.  I informed him this was the second call from a political party that  evening and that I was uninterested in talking to either one and hung up again.

Thing is; the call from the "Liberal Party" was not to the phone number I used on my registration.  So I am very doubtful that this was a legitimate call.  An inference can be made that the first call led to the second call.  I am not overly surprised that their paranoia leads them to database those who object to the antics of the Harper regime.  But in the heart of the Party stronghold?  Are they that insecure.  Have they identified me as an Enemy Of The Party?

In any event, it was an interesting pattern.  Perhaps Conservatives would be more well adjusted if they stopped monkeying around with the Machiavellian stuff and put their energies into governing the country the way the people want.Recommend this Post

2 comments:

Beijing York said...

Did you trace the second call to North Dakota?

Constant Vigilance said...

Didn't think of that. Evenings tend to be a bit busy these days.