Thursday, April 11, 2019

For Diversity of Opinion. Against Undermining

I read in the comments on Willy's post and mine from yesterday that others besides the Underminer should be delisted from Progressive Bloggers because what are seen as opinions that are over the top.  Particularly if they are critical of the government.

I want to be clear.  While I often disagree with others on ProgBlogs, I read their blogs to try to keep an open mind.  Case in point, I am unapologetic about having worked as a geologist in the oil industry for my entire career.  So I am often a mix of amused and frustrated in what to me is the expression of uninformed opinion regarding the energy sector and my home town.  Long may they be welcome to express away.  I revel in their right to be wrong (at least they are wrong imho).

The Underminer is an entirely different case.  His blog website is blatantly part of a campaign to unseat an imperfect but progressively intentioned government and replace it with a regressive one.  The blog website is an extension of his business.  That mission of blog website should make its presence on Progressive Bloggers anathema.Recommend this Post

3 comments:

brawnfire said...

Hi CV,

Re: "I want to be clear."

I definitely see the difference.

Incidentally, I was curious whether these sames posts of the Underminer appear on any Conservative platforms. After all, they're a perfect fit.
Unfortunately, re the one site I dared to look at--I'll never know. Because, unlike Prog Blog, the list of posts appear on the page but only their titles, sans the Bloggers names. So, in effect I was looking at click-bait.
So, I quit the site before i went anywhere.

At least, here, we see who to avoid, if we're (have to be?) stuck with the Underminer in our midst.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the best message regarding this blogger is to stop reading him. Don't open this stuff, he lives for self aggrandizement.

brawnfire said...

Anon,

I can't speak for others.

I don't read him.
I don't open this stuff.

The Underminer gets to push his hashtag/agenda by simply incorporating it into each title.
(Title/link, which I do not open)