Wednesday, April 24, 2019

You are judged by the company you keep

I first discovered Progressive Bloggers during visits to Daily Kos during George W Bush's first term.  I noticed these interesting comments with a tag line referencing Prog Blogs as a progressive Canadian viewpoint. 

So I went there.  It was invigorating.  Impolitical and The Galloping Beaver were early favourites.  I started a blog, joined ProgBlogs and started typing.  It was a very cathartic way to survive the Harper years. 

My posting schedule became more erratic with time.  A divorce, job demands in an industry spiraling downwards and other priorities took precedence.  But I always clicked on the PB link to see what was up because I remained implacably opposed to the right wing insanity that was arising across the globe and the Canadian Contagion in particular.

I earlier expressed how having The Underminer on the blog roll was a contradiction to the stated goals of the website.  It is Scott Tribe's website and it is his right to allow the Underminer to continue to use his platform as a vehicle to elect a Conservative government.  But I choose to not be associated with a website that has a blog that advertises for Doug Ford, gushes over Andrew Scheer and continues to try and inflate the false scandal.

I have asked to be removed from the blog roll effective April 30.  I will continue to blog but will not be available through Prog Blogs.  There might be fewer visits but this has never been about clicks for me.

I would like to thank Scott for setting Prog Blogs up and allowing me to join the roster.  And any visitors to the website that paid me the courtesy of reading my posts.  It was fun while it lasted.Recommend this Post

4 comments:

rumleyfips said...

Even in the short time I have visited this site, I have seen disheartening changes. Bloggers who shamelessly shill for jobs with sexist , racist reformatories in both Ottawa and Toronto. Equally disheartening are the sites ( the daisy dork will not publish my comments ) that refuse some or all comments.

I can understand you not wanting to be associated with racist, sexist drivel and I hope you find a way to keep blogging in an ethical way.

ffibs said...

Ive book marked your site for future reading.

Anonymous said...

I don’t blame you and I’m sure you won’t be the only blogger to leave Progressive Bloggers. I’m bookmarking the blogs I follow so I won’t ever ever have to visit PB again. Kinsella should have been told to go blog at the Blogging Tories a long time ago, but the administrators don’t dare, and now it’s too late. Pity.

Rural said...

And now we have 'LA REVUE GAUCHE' taking the platform over with dozens of posts to the determent of all others, I not ready to quit PB yet but sure hope that Mr Tribe is more selective with whom he lets on his site