Sunday, May 5, 2019

Removal request has been resubmitted

I was on vacation for a week and hadn't posted since my request to be removed from ProgBlogs.  Now that I am back I published a new post this morning and noticed that it popped up on ProgBlogs. I expect this may seem like prevarication on my part.

I remain committed to not being associated with a political consultant using a progressive aggregator to promulgate transparent voter suppression techniques.  I do not want whatever few readers I have to think that I in any way support this.

Scott mentioned earlier this week that he was preoccupied over the last few weeks and I expect my request slipped through the cracks.  I have resubmitted my request.

Enjoy your Sunday.  I am off to shovel.  Both snow and some of our new Premier's BS.Recommend this Post

3 comments:

Brian Dundas said...

Agree completely with your stance!!! We, in Canada, are on a typically delayed march to catch up with the rest of the world - in this case, in the slide towards anti-democratic, nationalist autocracy. Why this person is allowed to present himself as a progressive on Progressive Bloggers when he is so clearly corrupted by the general corporate/media need to install a "conservative" government astounds me. Banish his bile, and do it now!

Anonymous said...

Get a grip. I quit reading his blog months ago. Not reading the drivel is always a viable option......

Scott Tribe said...

My apologies: I've honestly forgotten all about this request. As I said.. personal stuff has preoccupied me and I've barely looked at Prog Blog .. been letting it run on its own as it were. Your "protest' headers" caught my attention after I was dealing with another affiliates feed issue that he emailed me about.

Anyhow.. your request has been honoured. I've stopped Prog Blog from reading your feed. I regret you feel the need to do this. I will repeat publicly what I have said both publicly AND privately to you and some others who feel Warren's presence is somehow desecrating Prog Blog's image:

- Attacking the Liberals and PM Trudeau is not grounds for getting kicked off of Prog Blog. If it were.. I'd be called "Liblogs" instead with no NDP/Green or other non-partisan progressive blogs who regularly attack the Liberals.

- Warren is doing nothing different from when he went after PM Martin's people after they purged Chretien's folks.. or Premier Wynne and government after he felt slighted by them. He feel they (and now the pm) are, to quote him, "doing a lousy job" and should be replaced with someone else; if that means a Conservative, so be it if it gets rid of them. You may disagree with that (as I do) but it isnt grounds in my opinion for kicking him off of Prog Blog..

- He has held very progressive positions in general in the past.. those don't disappear because he hates PM Trudeau and wont support the Liberal right now. I am almost certain if Jane Philpott or JWR replaced PM Trudeau as LIberal leader, he'd be back on the Liberal bandwagon.

That's all. I am sure we'll have to agree to disagree.. but I will also say if you change your mind about being off of the blogroll.. please send me an email and I'll put you back on without hesitation.