Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Dr. Strangepoll

Or how I learned to stop worrying and ignore the Nanos

The recent polls have the parties all flip flopping their relative positions based on a few percentage points in the opinion polls. Based on this bloggers and people of marginally less utility, such as pundits, have postulated all sorts of results if an election were held today, tomorrow or next week.

This causes me to think back to a post I read by some blogger (I forget exactly who. Impolitical perhaps? Memory fails) pointing out that the Conservatives rose in popularity when the House was not in session and no one was really paying attention. The popularity of the Harpoids promptly retreated when the House was in and people remembered what a bunch of poltroons the Conservatives are.

So if the Conservatives are essentially tied with the Liberals in the first weeks of August. I think I will go outside and finish my beer rather than worry about it.
Recommend this Post

No comments: