I have stated previously that I will back him regardless of his decision. He has stepped down and initiated a process to look for a new leader. Despite my disappointment with the outcome and a concomitant disenchantment with the Liberal Party, I will do my best to honour my commitment.
This is how I intend to do this:
- Contribute to his efforts to pay off his leadership debts and encourage others to do the same.
- Weigh any requests for funds from the party based on the ongoing respect he is paid as leader.
- Show support for his loyal opposition to the bad bills that are certain to be coming while he remains leader.
- Constructively comment on the various candidates campaigns.
- Give the new leader a chance to show he/she is a worthy successor. If he is then I will support the winner. If it is just a figurehead for the anonymous Liberal crowd and shuts off the grass roots I will stop there.